HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
khaos_mike

PSN : ??
Bananas : 2547

PostSubject: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:31 am

Sony's Playstation Network is down, and it may not come back up for a couple of days, according to the official Playstation Blog.

"While they are investigating the cause of the Network outage, they wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before they're able to get the service completely back up and running," Sony spokesman Patrick Seybold wrote.

Europe's Playstation blog previously said the company was investigating "the possibility of targeted behavior by an outside party," but that message has since been removed. Hacking group Anonymous, which attacked Sony's servers earlier this month, claims no involvement.

Talk about terrible timing. This week saw the launch of Mortal Kombat, Portal 2 and SOCOM 4, all of which have an online component. SOCOM 4 is a Playstation 3 exclusive geared mainly towards online play, and includes big incentives to buy the game new. In addition to disabling online play, the PSN outage affects the Qriocity music service, Netflix, MLB.tv and any other service requiring a PSN login.

Still, this isn't quite as severe as the PSN problems that occurred in March 2010, when a leap year issue caused some users to lose data just by turning on their consoles. Sony didn't relay that message to its customers until 16 hours after the first reports emerged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicjohn1

PSN : nicjohn
Bananas : 3375

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 am

this has already been posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dark_Ace-

PSN : Dolla06 is my psp psn. my ps3 psn is DarkAce006
Bananas : 2804

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 am

Sony said Thursday that its PlayStation Network, the online service that connects Sony's game consoles like the PlayStation 3, may be out for a "full day or two" due to an unexpected and unexplained outage.

Sony first confirmed the outage at 5:50 PM Wednesday night, when Patrick Seybold, the senior director of corporate communications and social media, reported that "We're aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down," Seybold said. "We will report back here as soon as we can with more information."

At 9:34 AM on Thursday, Seybold added the latest information, which will be grim news for PlayStation players.

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running," Seybold added. "Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we'll update you again as soon as we can."

The PlayStation Network is used to deliver downloadable games, movies, music, and other services to consumers who own a PlayStation 3 console. But the network also serves as the infrastructure for multiplayer games, meaning that gamers won't be able to play a multiplayer game like "Call of Duty" until Sony fixes the outage.

Reports also said that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe had posted its suspicions about a hacking attempt, but by press time, the European PlayStation blog had been apparently edited to mimic the U.S. version.

"As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable," Sony Computer Entertainment Europe PS blog manager James Gallagher posted today. "Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behavior by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service."

The outage apparently is not the work of Anonymous, the industry hacker group that had turned its ire to Sony, announcing a worldwide protest in the wake of Sony's litigation against George Hotz, which was eventually settled, but not before Hotz vowed to join the boycott as well.

"ATTENTION: For everyone coming here complaining about the PSN or inquiring about it, We Do Not Know What Happened," a member of the group posted on its Facebook page. "This is not the work of Anonymous."

THIS IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A -Dark_Ace- Post!
[tooBig=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=24&u=14420313][img]http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/14/42/03/13/untitl10.jpg[tooBig]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dark_Ace-

PSN : Dolla06 is my psp psn. my ps3 psn is DarkAce006
Bananas : 2804

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:47 am

They say 1 to 2 days but watch it be like 3 or 4 this time!

A -Dark_Ace- Post!
[tooBig=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=24&u=14420313][img]http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/14/42/03/13/untitl10.jpg[tooBig]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicjohn1

PSN : nicjohn
Bananas : 3375

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:16 am

true dark ace very true
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrozeB187™

PSN : FrozeB187
Bananas : 2774

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:17 am

that would really suck since i just got my spring break and i wont be able to play ftb3 at all the whole time Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.unpuregaming.tk
Eaglestrike16

PSN : Eaglestrike16
Bananas : 2541

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:01 am

THAT IS Y I FUCKIN HATE HACKERS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2   

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Network Down For A Day or 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1